Booking is now closed for the 7th Chiswick Book Festival.
You can see the answers to our fiendish Anniversaries Quiz here
What a great Festival!
Thank you to everyone who helped make it such a success: the hundreds of you who filled our venues to capacity, the helpers, the sponsors and most of all to our fantastic authors and experts, who provided us with such stimulating sessions. And you can still engage with the Festival between now and Christmas:
– You can see more Festival coverage on our news page, including several video reports from Chiswickbuzz.net and The Chiswick Calendar and reviews by Chiswick W4.com. Watch here for updates and comments and photos on Flickr and Twitter (right).
– The exhibition ‘Chiswick, The Blitz and the V2’ will be going on display at other local venues, including several schools. Watch here for details on how to share it with your school pupils or other interested groups – or email email@example.com.
– Waterstones at 220 Chiswick High Road will be selling the authors’ books in store right up until Christmas. Look for the Festival authors display.
– The SofaWorkshop prize draw – to win a £150 voucher for accessories or towards a chair or sofa – is now closed. The winner will be announced here in due course.
The Festival, a non-profit-making, community event, has raised over £30,000 for reading charities over the past six years. Our charities this year are:
- Doorstep Library, which brings the magic of books and reading into children’s homes in deprived parts of London
- RNIB Talking Books Service and Books for Children
- InterAct Stroke Support, which provides actors to read to stroke patients
- St Michael & All Angels Church, Bedford Park, which hosts the Festival
The festival is a voluntary organisation and we are always looking for support. If you would like to help or sponsor events, contact Dinah Garrett, the Festival administrator.