Photographs show speakers, charities and poetry prize winners from this year’s Festival.
You can see lots more photographs in our Flickr albums. Scroll down for videos.
The Ninth Chiswick Book Festival took place from September 14th to 18th 2017. Thank you to everyone who took part – speakers, audiences, volunteers and sponsors – and to the venue owners who provided the space and facilities to hold our events.
Particular thanks to the team from Waterstones (some of whom are seen, right, with the elusive Jane Austen £10 note), without whom we couldn’t sell all the authors’ wonderful books!
You can still buy copies of the Festival’s Playful Books Quiz. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for ways to do so. Entries must be submitted by Sunday September 24th 2017. First prize is a Folio Society set of 7 Jane Austen novels, kindly donated by Foster Books.
Watch here for more photographs, videos, updates and other news about this year’s Festival.
- Local Authors Evening at Waterstones – Chiswickbuzz.net
- Jeremy Vine:What I Learnt – video interview with The Chiswick Calendar
- A Feast of Fact and Fiction at the Chiswick Book Festival – video interview with Chiswickbuzz.net
The Festival is a non-profit-making, community event, which has raised over £60,000 for reading charities and St Michael & All Angels over the past eight years. You can read more about them below.
- Doorstep Library, which brings the magic of books and reading into children’s homes in deprived parts of London
- RNIB Talking Books Service
- InterAct Stroke Support, which provides actors to read to stroke patients
See photos of the 2016 Chiswick Book Festival in our Flickr Picture Gallery and earlier videos from Chiswickbuzz.net and The Chiswick Calendar. Read an interview with our Author Programme Director Jo James at Books & The City. And see what we’ve chosen as our latest Talking Book.
Thanks to all our authors, readers and supporters at the 2016 Festival who helped us donate £2,600 each to our reading charities and to St Michael & All Angels Church which hosts the Festival. Figures for 2017 are currently being calculated.