Make a long weekend of it…
… with incredible authors and experts: Ferdinand Mount, Cathy Rentzenbrink, Max Hastings, A N Wilson, Helen Lederer, Vince Cable, Mary Portas, Hugh Fraser, Sally Green, Jane Garvey, Matt Haig, Colette McBeth, Tim Marshall, S J I Holliday, Laura Wilson, Sonia Purnell, David Shreeve, Bonnie MacBird, Peter Oborne, Sandy Burnett, Sue Elliott, John Torode, Jo Pratt, Michael Parker, Graham Holderness, Caroline Goyder, Helena Coggan, Rosamund Lupton, Louise Voss, Fran Clark, Gurpreet Sihat, Diana Preston, Sarah Leipciger, James MacManus, Andrew Gimson, Martin Rowson, David Miller, Colin Field, Jacquie Lawrence, Martin Godleman, Tasmina Perry, John Bond, Nick Lloyd, Andrew Biswell, Stephen Cooper, Harriet Evans, Helen Brocklebank, George Goodwin, Gillian Flower, Erin Kelly, Jane Casey, Lisa Cutts, Lesley Thomson, Stephen Cassidy, Diana Bretherick, Dexter Dias, Julia Langdon, Stewart Lansley…
… and many exciting sessions:
- 75th Anniversary of The Blitz
- BBC with Jean Seaton, Roger Mosey, Charlotte Higgins and Will Wyatt
- Anthony Burgess in Chiswick
- Crime, e-books and creative writing panels
- Alice in Wonderland morning for children
- The Chiswick Calendar meets local authors, including Salley Vickers, Mark Ellen, Sadie Jones and Rhidian Brook
- And much more!
Chiswick Auctions will be offering valuations to attendees in an Antiques Roadshow style. Have you always wondered what your books might be worth? Bring them along on Saturday or Sunday and you’ll get a FREE valuation from one of their Printed Book and Manuscript Specialists.
The Festival, a non-profit-making, community event, has raised over £30,000 for reading charities over the past six years. We’re delighted to be supporting a new charity this year:
- Doorstep Library, which brings the magic of books into children’s homes in deprived parts of west London
We are also continuing to support
- RNIB Talking Books Service and Books for Children
- InterAct Stroke Support, which provides actors to read to stroke patients
- St Michael & All Angels Church, Bedford Park, which hosts the Festival
The festival is a voluntary organisation and we are always looking for support. If you would like to help or sponsor events, contact Dinah Garrett, the Festival administrator.